Make sure your grill is ready to go for the summer season
Can you believe we’re just a few weeks away from the beginning of summer?
It seemed like spring crawled this year, thanks to cooler-than-normal weather and the COVID-19 outbreak. But we’re in the home stretch towards summer, outdoor living, and lots more grilling.
Is your grill ready? Make sure you do a thorough inspection and cleaning before you start this grilling season. And remember to clean your grill regularly, at least once a month, to keep it running properly and safely.
As you’re cleaning your grill for your next cookout, don’t forget to make sure your propane cylinder has enough propane for your next grilling. If you need a fresh and full tank, stop by your nearest Lil’ Hank’s Tank Exchange – or give us a call for Home Delivery!
Take care of your grill
You don’t need fancy tools to do a good job of cleaning a propane BBQ grill. All you need are rubber gloves, a bucket of hot and soapy water (dish soap is recommended), aluminum foil, and a grill brush. Here’s what to do:
- Make sure all the grill burners are off and that the dials are in the “OFF” position.
- Turn off and disconnect the propane tank. If you’ve just finished grilling, wait until the grill is barely warm before doing this.
- Take out the grease trap and turn it upside-down over a garbage can so it can drip.
- Put on the rubber gloves and remove the grates as well as the burner protectors under them. Put the grates and burner protectors in the bucket of hot, soapy water for a good soak. Put the grease trap in as well.
- Use aluminum foil to cover the burner tubes and other heating elements. Then thoroughly clean the underside of the hood and the inside walls. Wipe dry with paper towels.
- Take the grates, burner protectors, and grease traps out of the bucket and clean those. Rinse well.
- Take the foil off the burner tubes and gently wipe the tubes. Carefully check burner holes with a toothpick to dislodge any clogs. Replace the burner covers, grates and grease trap.
- Clean the grill exterior with a manufacturer-recommended cleaner.
Contact us to find out about Lil’ Hank’s Tank Exchange and how it can keep your grill fueled all season long. Happy grilling, everyone!